5 seed crackers – homemade and easy
In the mood these days for keto-friendly, gluten free, low carb crackers? Have you ever even heard of this? If not... you're in for a delish surprise!
True confession: lately I’ve been addicted to St. Angel triple cream brie cheese which, let’s just say it melts in your mouth and is pretty much heavenly.
Plus… they might be my favorite COMFORT FOOD! Depending on what I put on them (LOL!)
But back to the crackers… they’re SO EASY to make, it’s almost embarrassing!
All you’re going to need for this recipe is to mix 5 simple seeds in a bowl. You probably have most of them in your pantry. Personally I buy the highest quality organic kind, but non organic will work too.
Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and flaxseed. I use regular sesame seeds as well as the black sesame seeds.
Then it’s a matter of choosing the herbs you love.
I always start off with thyme. But rosemary, oregano or any other dried herb works well here.
(Check out the above links for the products I use.)
Next… pour in water.
Once the seeds are mixed with water, you’re going to set the mixture aside for a few minutes so everything can gel. The seeds, especially the chia seeds, will absorb the liquid.
You’re almost done now… it’s just a matter of spreading the mixture onto a pan and sticking it in the oven.
Be sure to follow the Goldilocks rule… not too thick or it’ll never get crispy… and not too thin or it’ll become too fragile.
When it’s done, tempting as it looks, let it sit for a few minutes to cool off before breaking it up into pieces.
I just can’t help but admire how beautiful this cracker looks!
Break it up into pieces and enjoy every bit of it with my favorite cheese or yours!
five seed crackers – homemade and easy
These crispy seed crackers have the nuttiest taste! They’re great for breakfast or a cheese platter or a tasty snack with your favorite dip!
- 1 cup unsalted organic raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsalted organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup organic sesame seeds (you may combine white and black seeds)
- 1/4 cup organic whole flaxseed
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp organic thyme
- 1 tsp organic chilli pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- dried rosemary, oregano or your favorite herb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and leave alone for 15 minutes so the seeds soak up the water.
- Stir everything well, then split the mixture over two baking trays lined in parchment paper and spread thinly. Be sure that they aren’t too thick or they’ll taste and feel like bread, or too thin where the crackers are very fragile. Bake for an hour until golden brown and crisp. If they’re not crisp after an hour you may return them to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the trays to cool. Break them off into irregular pieces and eat with your favorite dip or cheese. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Best when served with your favorite soft cheese.
M Larrazaval on
To did for !
I made this today with Brothers Nuts Spicy Basil Pumpkin Seeds (Organic) and left out the salt and pepper flakes because Brothers Nuts have enough spices in them.
It turned out amazing!
This is a super easy gluten free recipe. It’s good for my digestion. Wonderful to put coconut butter or almond butter on—substitutes crackers and bread with a satisfaction and fulfillment. Sometimes I want to devour them all at once. Bravo!